Thursday, December 15, 2005

No. Really. I'm a human.

A little peek behind the curtain at Buttle's World:

I just noticed that the reason I was having to do word verification for each posting is that Blogger's anti-spam robots thought this blog had some of the characteristics of a spam blog.
As with many powerful tools, blogging services can be both used and abused. The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.
To be fair, they say that the algorithm is inherently fuzzy, and they apologize for the false positive. A human will soon review this blog and it is to that human that this particular post is most directed.

Hi there. I'm a person.

I have to admit that there's a part of me that is flattered that some software opines that the blog is irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical. I hope it was mostly the latter.

And since everybody has been so considerate in their comments, I'm turning off word verification and moderation. Keep it civilized, or I'll turn it back on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home