Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hey, Kids! It's time for a cartoon!

This one's really fun. It's all about the Eeeeeevil Israeli soldiers and how glorious it is to blow yourself up!

You can read the transcript or go straight to the video.

In an email to someone recently who just didn't "get" the war I said that it's a war for our civilization. The enemy is a sick culture that straps bombs to its children and wants to kill us only because we won't. Nothing in this cartoon disabuses me of that notion. I know that this kind of religious extremism has existed for centuries. But still, as I sit here on my high-bandwidth internet connection, having voted (however futile it was) freely just a few days ago, and contemplate the fact that I'm as free to live without religion as my friends are to practice theirs, it's just hard to get my head around the fact that this kind of barbarian even exists in the world today.

That flavor of Islam doesn't qualify as a religion. It's a mental disease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home