Friday, November 11, 2005

Comments, please

Your humble blogger and obedient servent just this morning found the settings page which controls comments. Sure enough, it was set to only allow registered members to leave comments. My apologies for trying to take a readership poll with the site thus misconfigured. It is now open for comments from all, and the only requirement is word verification. The system will show you some groovy, psychedelic letters. You type them into a box. It just prevents software from leaving comments, a nefarious practice known as "comment spamming".

I also note that I'm up to a whopping 13 readers per day average. So now I'm interested: Please leave a comment, especially if you're a regular, and let me know what you think of the blog, what suggestions you have, etc.

But keep it clean. I also turned on "Moderate comments".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, non-bloggers allowed to comment! Very nice. As a reder who tries to get information from all different angles, I say keep it up, Buttle. Many times stories are allowed to fall through the cracks in the dominant media; I enjoy the links to blogs from the field in Iraq, and the sense of humor that comes through here. Keep it up, keep it up!

10:36 AM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what good is commenting if I can't talk like a sailor?
Actually, thanks for fixing it; I may actually have something worthwhile to reply one of these days.

2:37 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Craig said...

Here in Buttle's World we prefer that you talk like a pirate.

10:11 PM, November 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home