Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Stop Calling Them "Gay Cowboys"

This hilarious news from Willy Nelson reminds me of two things.

First, a riddle.

Q What has 32 teeth and an IQ of 73?

A The front row at a Willy Nelson Concert.

Second, an observation about Brokeback Mountain: It is not about gay (sic) cowboys. I can just hear my dad railing that the movie is about gay (sic) sheepherders, and that the only thing about it that would surprize a real cowboy is that the sheep were miraculously safe.

To be fair, though, Willy may be right. Dad also mentioned that certain cowboys were known to "ride very forward on the saddle horn."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This leaves me scratching my head. Is this song intented to be jokey? If so, is it making fun of Brokeback Mountain (yes, I know the song was written before the film)? Willie Nelson doesn't seem to be known for goofy novelty songs; I've read the reports, I just don't get a sense of from which direction this comes.

4:47 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home