Thursday, January 12, 2006

Don't "F" Alito

If anybody with an ounce of integrity still doubts Alito's judicial bona fides, perhaps a ringing endorsement from a flaming liberal will help.
As a liberal, what scares me is not the prospect of having Sam Alito on the Supreme Court; what scares me is the way my fellow liberal Democrats are behaving in response to the nomination. I’m appalled and embarrassed by the fear mongering, the personal attacks and what I see as an irresponsible and misleading distortion of his real judicial record as well as his character. Now the threat of a filibuster lurks, and Senator Kennedy’s tirade about documents being concealed seems like little more than a pretext to justify such a threat.
But what would she know?

She was only his law clerk back when Casey was being decided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home